- He doesn't value me or our relationship."
— Trish M., 35
- I fear things could just slip away and he'll leave me and the kids just like he did with his first wife and son."
— Michelle F., 38
- Your words don't match your behavior. Sometimes your words are so wonderful, but your actions are a slap in the face. I want to go back to that guy I knew in the beginning — the one who used to make me feel like I was special. I want to feel like a princess in your life. I want my friend back."
— Claire V., 42
- Our relationship is non-functional. We're not talking to avoid blow-ups. I want to turn down the anger and fear, and turn up affection and hope."
— Ashley N., 55
- It feels very lonely right now."
— Emily B., 33
- I'm angry that he just left and did not deal with it."
— Jessica E., 47
- I've never really felt free with you to say what I need to say, to feel heard, to feel cherished, to be comforted when I feel bad. I want you to love me in your heart not just in your head; I want to connect with you."
— Kelly L., 40
- I don't trust you, so I hold back, afraid of the reaction I'm going to get. My dad has explosive anger — react first and ask later. It's my old habits of bottling it up and sweeping it under the rug."
— Nancy E., 43
Please Note: In keeping with the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists' ethical standards, none of these testimonials were solicited, but rather were comments freely made during our work together. They are real comments made by real clients, as are the descriptions of their treatment. However, the names, ages and cities have been changed to protect each client's confidentiality. These testimonials represent individual experiences, your experience will be your own and these testimonials are not intended to guarantee or imply a guarantee of treatment outcome.