Below are quotes from men and women who've struggled in their relationships and sought help from Guy Stuff Counseling. Each one of these individuals learned how to make their relationship better. Some of them had to do it alone though because not every partner was willing to join them in counseling. Can you see yourself in any of these relationships?
- I'm so angry and hurt. This just isn't working. It cannot continue."
— Beth F., 38
- It's like an assault. The way this relationship is right now is all pain. I can't get in to hug you because I'm too busy dodging spears."
— Ethan H., 46
- I'm pissed beyond all belief — shocked by the level of my anger. I'm not her personal punching bag. I didn't sign up for it. And she says I've done all these horrible things to ruin our relationship."
— Brandon T., 41
- She's a nice roommate — I want a wife. Romance, love, compliments on how I look, that I'm attractive."
— Ben D., 53
- She's roaming around like a bitch. If she's mad enough, and I'm mad enough, it lasts for a couple of days."
— Dean U., 39
- I can't trust him. He never keeps his word. He promises me things and then says he never said that. The worst part is the money."
— Sara W., 29
- I'm walking on eggshells around her. Whatever I do is wrong and everything is always my fault. I can't win!"
— Francisco M., 34
Please Note: In keeping with the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists' ethical standards, none of these testimonials were solicited, but rather were comments freely made during our work together. They are real comments made by real clients, as are the descriptions of their treatment. However, the names, ages and cities have been changed to protect each client's confidentiality. These testimonials represent individual experiences, your experience will be your own and these testimonials are not intended to guarantee or imply a guarantee of treatment outcome.