On this page you will find quotes from husbands and wives who have come to us for marriage counseling. Many of them felt there was no hope to save their marriage, and you can hear their desperation in their words. Guy Stuff Counseling was able to work with each of these couples to help them restore their relationships. And we can do the same for you. If you’re facing challenges in your marriage, send us a message.
- I'm not being heard — this is not what I signed up for."
— Brenda Y., 38
- We love each other but can't stand each other."
— Ann C., 44
- I don't have a relationship with you. I don't think I would miss you if we broke up. This marriage is the biggest nightmare I've ever gone through, but I really think it could be the best. We're both torn down to the bone."
— Gail O., 36
- I'm miserable. I feel like I'm being evaluated all the time. Whatever I do, say, even what I do with my work. I feel pretty hopeless. Pretty much all I feel is disrespect. I'm resentful of the fact that you're very critical of me in areas you struggle in the most."
— Bryan N., 51
- We keep repeating the same issues over and over again. I feel like things will never improve and that we’re stuck in a vicious cycle with no way out.”
– Karen B., 42
- I don't feel married, but I am married. He's more and more disconnected; the coldness; he's sucking me dry like a parasite."
— Elizabeth A., 56
- I don't see things changing. It's been so long since I've been happy and content — life's not fun anymore. I feel pretty powerless. I can't seem to make you happy and haven't for over 46 years."
— Bob P., 67
Please Note: In keeping with the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists' ethical standards, none of these testimonials were solicited, but rather were comments freely made during our work together. They are real comments made by real clients, as are the descriptions of their treatment. However, the names and ages have been changed to protect each client's confidentiality. These testimonials represent individual experiences, your experience will be your own and these testimonials are not intended to guarantee or imply a guarantee of treatment outcome.